March 30 2015
With about three months remaining of the dairy farming season for 2014–2015 we recommend you review your sharemilking agreements, if you haven’t already done so. This will ensure things are on track for a smooth ending to any sharemilking arrangements and/or transition. You will need to be mindful of such things as:
- Pasture cover obligations
- Supplements to be left on the farm
- Cow conditions
- Herd records
- Resource consent requirements are up-to-date
- Any rubber ware to be replaced, and
- Accommodation and farm maintenance provisions.
Similarly, if you are entering into new sharemilking agreements for next season, ensure contractual arrangements are correctly completed to reflect the agreements reached and that you are on track to start next season in accordance with your contractual obligations.